Welcome to the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI)! The Snowboard Level 1 Assessment is the first step in your exciting career as a snowboard instructor.
In order to achieve this Level 1 Certification, you will need to complete these tasks:
– Become a registered member of PSIA and PSIA-I with current dues paid.
– Complete 25 hours of approved teaching, coaching, or training. Most people do this through their employment with one of our member schools, but if you have questions about your eligibility, please contact the Division Office.
– Complete the Level 1 Research Project.
– At least two weeks prior to this event, register and pay for the event.
– Attend this event. It is a two-day event; attendance is required both days.
– Bring your completed Research Project to the first day of your assessment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the knowledge and comprehension of AASI technical terms, concepts, and models listed in the National Standards for Level 1. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the ability to recognize movement patterns in riders that are learning and riding all green terrain, groomed blue terrain, and small freestyle features.
The first day of this event covers a broad overview of movement and performance concepts in addition to teaching fundamentals relevant to an instructor working towards their Level 1 Certification.
The second day of this event is the assessment portion, where you will be graded on your riding ability as well as your knowledge of the concepts covered at Level 1.
Snowboard Level 1 Foundation and Assessment (two days): $150